List of the Currencies in Asia 2021. According to a recent report, the looming fuel prices have inflated the burden on the Asian currencies. As a result, most of the business investors are receding from Asian countries. Today, we shall list all the currencies used in Asia or by Asian countries from 2021 to 2022.
Main currency in Asia
Presently, the Chinese yuan and Indian Rupee are recognized as the main currencies in Asia. This is because they are the widely spread currencies in the Asian neighborhoods. However, all Asian countries use their currencies for commerce and transactions.
In summary, we will list the name of the country or nation. Then, we will provide the names of the respective currencies and their short form.
List of Currencies in Asia 2021
- Afghanistan. Afghan Afghani, AFN
- Armenia. Armenian Dram, AMD
- Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan manat, AZN
- Bahrain. Bahraini Dinar, BHD.
- Bangladesh. Bangladeshi Taka, BDT
- Bhutan. Bhutanese ngultrum, BTN
- British Indian Ocean Territory (UK). United States dollar, USD.
- Brunei. Brunei dollar, BND.
- Cambodia.Cambodian Riel, KHR.
- China. Chinese Yuan Renminbi, CNY.
- Christmas Island (Australia). Australian dollar, AUD.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands. (Australia) Australian dollar, AUD.
- Cyprus. European euro, EUR.
- Georgia. Georgian Lari, GEL.
- Hong Kong (China). Hong Kong dollar, HKD.
- India. Indian rupee, INR.
- Indonesia. Indonesian Rupiah, IDR.
- Iran. Iranian rial, IRR.
- Iraq. Iraqi dinar, IQD.
- Israel. Israeli new shekel, ILS
- Japan. Japanese Yen, JPY.
- Jordan. Jordanian Dinar, JOD.
- Kazakhstan. Kazakhstani Tenge, KZT.
- Kuwait. Kuwaiti Dinar, KWD. It’s the strongest currency in Asia and the world today.
- Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyzstani som, KGS.
- Laos. Lao Kip, LAK.
- Lebanon. Lebanese pound, LBP.
- Macau (China) Macanese pataca, MOP.
- Malaysia. Malaysian Ringgit, MYR.
- Maldives, Maldivian Rufiyaa. MVR.
- Mongolia. Mongolian tugrik, MNT.
- Myanmar (formerly Burma) Myanmar Kyat, MMK.
- Nepal, Nepalese rupee, NPR.
- North Korea. North Korean won, KPW.
- Oman. Omani rial, OMR.
- Pakistan. Pakistani rupee, PKR.
- Palestine. Israeli new shekelILS
- Philippines. Philippine peso, PHP.
- Qatar. Qatari riyal, QAR.
- Russia. Russian Ruble, RUB.
- Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabian riyal, SAR.
- Singapore. Singapore dollar, SGD.
- South Korea. South Korean won, KRW.
- Sri LankaSri Lankan rupee, LKR.
- Syria. Syrian pound, SYP.
- Taiwan. New Taiwan dollar, TWD.
- Tajikistan. Tajikistani somoni, TJS.
- Thailand. Thai Baht, THB.
- Timor-Leste, United States dollar, USD.
- Turkey. Turkish lira, TRY.
- Turkmenistan. Turkmen manat, TMT.
- United Arab Emirates. UAE dirham, AED.
- Uzbekistan Uzbekistani som, UZS.
- Vietnam. Vietnamese Dong, VND. And finally,
- Yemen. Yemeni rial, YER.
From the list above, it’s good to note that the Vietnamese Dong is the cheapest and weakest currency in the Asian continent right now. Lastly, if you missed out on our previous post, here is a list of the weakest currencies in the world from 2021 to 2022.