TUKO.co.ke news app is among the incredible mobile apps that will be recognised during the Annual Mobile App Summit and Awards 2021, the first of its kind in Kenya.
The Mobile App Awards Gala Dinner, organised by Vibrant Digital, is set to take place tomorrow, Friday, December 10, at Prideinn-Westlands Banquette Center, Westlands Road.
Approximately 150 guests will gather at the Annual Gala Dinner, in line with the Ministry of Health (MoH) COVID-19 protocols, to celebrate the best in the mobile industry, with incredible speakers lined up to speak, according to the event’s organiser and sponsor Vibrant Digital.
Vibrant Digital runs a series of events with a variety of topics across a range of sectors, including eCommerce, Mobile Apps, Digital Technology and many more.
About the Annual Mobile App Awards
The Annual Mobile App Summit and Awards recognise and celebrates the best practices in mobile app design, animation and user experience across a range of categories.
“Our mission is to celebrate the mobile industry by showcasing incredible mobile apps developed in Kenya or for the Kenyan market and the companies behind them,” said Vibrant Digital.
News app of the year
TUKO.co.ke, which has also over the years dominated the Annual Digital Tech Excellence Awards, will be recognised under the Mobile App of the Year | News.
Below is the full list of categories of the awards for best mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android:
1. Mobile App of the Year | Entertainment
2. Mobile App of the Year | Business & Finance
3. Mobile App of the Year | Games
4. Mobile App of the Year | Productivity & Utilities
5. Mobile App of the Year | Health & Lifestyle
6. Mobile App of the Year | Social & Communications
7. Mobile App of the Year | Education
8. Mobile App of the Year | Government Services
9. Mobile App of the Year | News
10. Mobile App of the Year | Travel
11. Mobile App of the Year | Gambling
12. Mobile Apps of the Year | Agri-Tech
13. Mobile App of the Year | Transport or Logistics
14. Mobile App of the Year | Food & Beverage
15. Mobile App of the Year | Food & Beverage
16. Mobile App of the Year | Social Impact
17. Mobile App of the Year | Enterprise Solution
18. Mobile App of the Year | Interface Design
19. Mobile App of the Year | Onboarding Experience
20. Mobile Engagement Solutions Company of the Year
21. Best Mobile App/Software Development Training
22. Mobile App Developer of the Year
23. New Mobile App of the Year
24. Innovation Award
25. Agency of the Year (Boutique)
26. Agency of the Year (Full Size)
27. Mobile App of the Year 2021 (Overall)
Kenya a hotbed of mobile apps
Annual Mobile App Awards 2021 ceremony comes just days after a report by Mastercard revealed Kenya and by extension Africa had become fertile ground for the growth of super-apps.
A super app is a mobile application that provides multiple services, including payments and financial transaction processing.
The Mastercard report titled From online bazaar to one-stop-shop: The rise of super-apps in the Middle East and Africa indicates locally active super-apps proliferate across the Middle East and Africa region, but more prominent cross-regional players remain few.