Marketing online is already a reality, and many social networks offer tools capable of helping those who have their own business to spread their brand and further increase sales. For example, you can put prices on product photos on Instagram.
In this way, they are displayed as if they were labels, indicating the price, name, in addition to directing the consumer to your website. However, despite the numerous benefits, it is necessary to meet some requirements to be able to enjoy the function. Check which ones below:
- Sell a physical product;
- Have a business account on Instagram;
- Have a page with a store and a catalog on Facebook;
- Represent your company and your domain;
- Have registered the correct category of the product you offer;
- Comply with Facebook policies.
Once that is done, it is now necessary to follow a few steps to effectively reach the stage of setting prices.
Want to catch up on the best tech news of the day? Access and subscribe to our new youtube channel, Kenyannews News. Every day a summary of the main news from the tech world for you!
Connect Facebook page with Instagram page
It is important to remember that, in order to follow this step, you must not only have a Facebook page, but also create a business profile on Instagram.
- Go to profile page and tap “Edit profile”;
- Tap “Page” and link the profile with your Facebook page.
Create a store with a catalog on Facebook
Once that’s done, you should create a store with a catalog displaying the products you want to sell on Instagram as well.
- Through a browser, access the page Commerce Manager and click “Start”;
- Check “Create Store” and click “Get Started”;
- Once that’s done, click on “Next”. If you use a Facebook partner platform like Shopify, BigCommerce or others, click “Sync to a partner platform”;
- Choose the method of checkout;
- Then choose your sales channels, that is, your Facebook and Instagram pages;
- Create a catalog using your sales website link and finish the process;
- To add new items to the catalog, go to the “Catalog” tab in the left menu, click on “Add items” and manually fill in the product information.
Activate the Instagram shopping option
With the catalog created on Facebook, you can now activate Instagram Shopping and, if approved, price your product photos.
- Go to Instagram profile, tap the “Three lines” icon and select “Settings”;
- Then select “Companies”;
- Click “Set up Instagram purchases”;
- Wait for your store to be approved by the Instagram team, which can take up to a week.
Put the price on the product photos
Once your store is approved, you will be able to view the catalogs created on Facebook and tag them in your publications.
- On Instagram, go to the “Companies” page under the “Settings” tab and note that the “Store” option appeared there, so click on it;
- Then, you will be able to view all your registered products;
- Normally create a publication and, before finalizing it, click on the option “Mark products”, which is now available;
- Search for the product you want to enter the price and drag the created sticker so that it is positioned next to it;
- Come back and share the post as normal.
Following all these steps, you’ll be able to price the product photos on Instagram, and further promote your brand, using tools provided by the social network itself.