Businessman Vanishes After Being Picked by Govt Officials

  • Family of Machakos Businessman Mohammed Hassan is in distress after their kin mysteriously vanished after being picked up over facemask.

    Speaking to the press on Tuesday, December 28, the family members noted that their kin was picked up on Thursday, December 23, by individuals who identified themselves as government officials.

    Mohammed’s brother Omar Hassan Mohammed revealed that the businessman was picked up at around 3 p.m. while at his shop in Machakos.

    Coincidentally, CCTV cameras from an adjacent building stopped working on the fateful day at 2 p.m.

    Businessman Mohammed Hassan's brother Omar Hassan Mohammed speaks to the press.

    Businessman Mohammed Hassan’s brother Omar Hassan Mohammed speaks to the press.

    Citizen Digital

    “They were outside the shop. Mohammed was sitting at his table and they went straight for him and asked where his mask was.

    “They followed him and picked him up. Everyone else who was there ran away. When we arrived, we found some people who told us that at 3p.m., a pick up showed up and stopped for 10 minutes,” stated Omar.

    He further noted that the four men, who were well-built, arrived in a white Double Cabin Pick-up, took his brother and sped off.

    The family is now appealing to the state to help trace their kin.

    “Four people alighted. One was a driver and the others were giants. We ask the government to take him o court if it is officials who picked him up. If it is kidnappers, please help us,” he added.

    The incident comes a month after another businessman, Taimur Kariuki Hussein, resurfaced after spending five months in captivity.

    The Lamu businessman who went missing on June 28, 2021, has resurfaced on Saturday, November 27 and returned home to Watamu, Kwale County.

    Hussein, the second-born in a family of three, was allegedly picked up by ATPU officers in Lamu on June 11, 2021, and his family was told by security agents that he had been on police radar.

    He appeared at the Kahawa Law Courts on that fateful day before he was released in the absence of his family. The family claimed that he was assaulted by the ATPU officers who picked him for questioning.

    An undated photo of a police car in Kenya

    An undated photo of a police car in Kenya.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By :