News

How to go on an alkaline diet

The alkaline diet menu consists of at least 60% alkaline foods such as fruits, vegetables and tofu, while the remaining 40% of calories can come from acidic food from acidic foods such as eggs, meat or bread. This division can be done by the number of meals, so when eating 5 meals a day, 2 can be meals with acidic foods and 3 with only alkaline foods.

This diet is great for decreasing the acidity of the blood, helping to balance the body and prevent the onset of illnesses such as flu and cold. In addition, it helps to detoxify the body, facilitating weight loss, which is why it is an allied diet for those who want to lose weight.

allowed food

The foods allowed in the alkaline diet are alkaline foods such as:

  • fruit in general, including sour fruits such as lemon, orange and pineapple;
  • Vegetables and vegetables in general;
  • Oilseeds: almonds, chestnuts, walnuts, pistachios;
  • proteins: millet, tofu, tempeh and whey protein;
  • SpicesIngredients: cinnamon, curry, ginger, herbs in general, chili, sea salt, mustard;
  • Drinks: water, plain water, herbal teas, lemon water, green tea;
  • Others: apple cider vinegar, molasses, fermented foods such as kefir and kombucha.

Moderately alkaline foods such as honey, brown sugar, coconut, ginger, lentils, quinoa, nuts and corn are also allowed. See the complete list at: Alkaline foods.

Foods to avoid

Foods that should be consumed in moderation in the alkaline diet are those with an acidifying effect on the body, such as:

  • Vegetables: potatoes, beans, lentils, olives;
  • grains: buckwheat, rice, corn, oats, wheat, rye, noodles;
  • Oilseeds: peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, peanut butter;
  • Meat in general, chicken, pork, lamb, fish and seafood;
  • processed meats: ham, sausage, sausage, mortadella;
  • Eggs;
  • Milk and derivatives: milk, butter, cheese;
  • Drinks: alcoholic beverages, coffee, soft drinks, wine;
  • Candy: jellies, ice cream, sugar;

These foods should be avoided or consumed in moderation, always putting alkaline foods together with acidifying foods in the same meal. See a complete list at: Acidic foods.

Alkaline diet menu

The table below shows an example of a 3-day alkaline diet menu:

Snack Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Breakfast Chamomile tea with ginger + 1 slice of wholegrain bread with egg and cheese 1 glass of almond milk + 1 tapioca with grated coconut 1 glass of orange juice + 2 toasts with ricotta, oregano and egg
Morning snack 1 bowl of fruit salad 1 cup of green tea + 10 cashew nuts 1 mashed banana + 1 teaspoon of chia
Lunch dinner 3 tablespoons of brown rice soup with broccoli + 1 chicken fillet in tomato sauce + green salad baked fish with potatoes and vegetables, drizzled in olive oil + coleslaw, pineapple and grated carrots Tuna pasta with pesto sauce + vegetables sauteed in oil
Afternoon snack 1 natural yoghurt with strawberry and honey lemon juice + 2 slices of bread with cheese Avocado and honey smoothie made with almond milk

Throughout the day, it is allowed to drink teas, water and fruit juices without sugar, and it is important to avoid the consumption of coffee and soft drinks.

Lemon Broccoli Salad Recipe

Lemon, broccoli and garlic are super alkalizing foods, and this salad can accompany any meal for lunch or dinner.

Ingredients:

  • 1 broccoli
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • salt to taste

Method of preparation:

Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, putting a pinch of salt on top. Then chop the garlic and sauté in oil until golden and add the broccoli, leaving for about 3 minutes. Finally, add the lemon juice and mix well so that the broccoli absorbs the flavor.

Alkaline Green Juice Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons of avocado soup
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • 1 lemon juice
  • 200 ml of coconut water
  • 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Method of preparation:

Blend all ingredients in a blender and drink without straining.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com