The Kabus, as the Kenyan business couple is otherwise referred to by their fans, recently caused an online stir amid claims of infidelity that led to a fallout.
For a long time, Simon and Sarah Kabu, who co-own Bonfire Adventures, have been considered the ideal couple and mentors for celebrities and marriages alike.
This they achieved by showering their followers on Instagram with photos detailing their lavish lifestyle and booming business.
In this article, we look at the highlights and lowlights of their marriage.
1. Range Rover gift – In 2017, Simon announced their marriage to the world, and in style, by acquiring her a Range Rover car reported to be worth Sh30 million as a gift for her 39th birthday. For good measure, he paraded the car around Nairobi, complete with a branded romantic message for his better half, and capped it up with a six-tier cake.
2. Reconciling Eric Omondi and Jacque Maribe – When TV journalist Jackie Maribe and her baby daddy Eric Omondi, a renowned comedian, were involved in an online scuffle last year, the Kabus reached out and helped them reconcile in public.
Simon also took time to share relationship tips on co-parenting with the two attracting praise from the public.
3. Advice to Prof Hamo’s wife – Sarah Kabu reached out to a celebrity couple namely Prof Hamo and his baby mama Jemutai after the two publicly fell out. Jemutai had earlier asked a popular blogger seeking to sell her popular Facebook account so as to get funds to feed her two children as her baby daddy was not providing for them. She quoted Sh1.2 million for the account which had 800,000 followers but Sarah discouraged her, saying she could make more money from the social media platform.
4. Philanthropic actions – The couple has been known to consistently reach out to individuals and couples for lavish vacations and staycations, which more times than not have been referred to by netizens as a marketing scheme.
5. Successful couple – The couple has over the years proven that spouses can love each other and still work together quite successfully.
6. Public tiff – The love birds recently showed the world that they were human with a public tiff that surprised many. Sarah kicked off the storm, accusing her husband of infidelity and taking away the kids without her permission.
7. Reconciliation – The two have since mended fences after she publicly apologized to him and asked Kenyans to pray for their union.