How to Claim Taxes Paid by Mistake Using KRA New Feature

If you have accidentally paid taxes that you do not owe, you can use the KRA new feature to claim the taxes paid by mistake. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Log into the KRA online portal using your ETR PIN and Password.

2. Select the ‘Claim Tax Paid by Mistake’ option from the main menu.

3. Select the tax year for which you are filing the claim.

4. Enter the tax return period for which you are filing the claim.

5. Enter the amount of tax paid by mistake and provide supporting documents as necessary.

6. Submit the claim.

7. The KRA will review the claim and respond with their decision via email. If approved, the refund will be processed.

8. Keep a copy of the claim and the response for future reference.

Jay Ndungu

Jay is a computer scientist and journalist with a passion for the intersection of technology and society. He has a background in computer science, developing a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the industry, including programming languages and software development methodologies. Currently, He writes for Nairobi Times, covering a wide range of topics including technology, politics, sports, and entertainment. With his unique combination of technical knowledge and journalistic experience, Jay brings a unique perspective to the stories he covers, able to explain complex technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. His work is dedicated to bridge the gap between technology and society, and to make people more aware of the potential of technology to make the world a better place.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By :