Last Moments of Student Killed in Mirema 3 Days After Landing First Job

  • The life of Bovine Ndemo, a 24-year-old who had just landed an internship with Kengen after completing his studies at the Technical University of Mombasa (TUM), was cut short by armed robbers in Mirema on Monday, February 20. 

    Bovine moved from Mombasa to Nairobi two weeks before he met his untimely death after bidding his family farewell. 

    Little did the family know it was their last time to see him alive. Robbers stabbed him at Mirema, and punctured his lungs, leading to excessive bleeding. 

    Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke on Wednesday, February 22, Collins Magana, a resident of Mirema and an eyewitness, stated he assumed the incident at first. 

    An apartment along Mirema Drive in Roysambu, Nairobi. Priscilla was found dead in her apartment located on the same street.

    An apartment along Mirema Drive in Roysambu, Nairobi. Priscilla was found dead in her apartment located on the same street.


    “I witnessed the commotion just outside Mirema School, but I thought they were drunkards fighting,” Magana told Kenyans.co.ke

    According to the witness, whose car was parked by the roadside, one person fell, and he heard another screaming as the others pinned him down. 

    “He came running shouting, ‘those guys have stabbed me’, but he still had his phone. So I asked him where he had been stabbed. But he kept running.

    “Then I saw the other two guys jump on a motorcycle. So I thought they were also witnesses in the fight. Little did I know they were thugs,” Magana recounted. 

    According to Magana, locals in Mirema often witness fights around the road, and it was hard to tell whether the incident was a random wrangle or a robbery. 

    “I saw another person stand up [shortly after the scuffle ended]. He was dirty and he just passed by my car without talking,” Magana concluded. 

    After lunch, Bovine left his aunt’s place in Kibra, assuring his family that he would fix his laptop and head back to Mirema. 

    The firstborn in a family of four was walking home with a friend around 11 pm when two robbers on a motorcycle accosted them. 

    His friend lost his phone and was left with a bleeding eye and nose before one of the robbers pursued Bovine, who had run and stabbed him. 

    DCI detectives probe a crime scene in Kenya._1.jpeg

    DCI detectives probe a crime scene in Kenya.

    When Bovine’s friend caught up with him, the deceased told him that he had been stabbed before collapsing in his hands with blood trickling from his chest. 

    Bovine was rushed to a nearby hospital by a taxi driver before he passed away while being transferred to Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital. 

    A post-mortem on Bovine’s body was conducted on Tuesday, February 21, to determine the cause of his death. 

    According to Kasarani Deputy Sub County Police Commander Purity Wahome, police launched investigations into the case and were already looking into major leads. 

    dead armed death drunk probe thug armed fight stabbed

Jay Ndungu

Jay is a computer scientist and journalist with a passion for the intersection of technology and society. He has a background in computer science, developing a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the industry, including programming languages and software development methodologies. Currently, He writes for Nairobi Times, covering a wide range of topics including technology, politics, sports, and entertainment. With his unique combination of technical knowledge and journalistic experience, Jay brings a unique perspective to the stories he covers, able to explain complex technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. His work is dedicated to bridge the gap between technology and society, and to make people more aware of the potential of technology to make the world a better place.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com